- TWA is spending your prime time with God so to walk with Him during your ordinary times.
- TWA is when Abba Father 'refathers' His children whom He has regained from the world.
- To exchange the gloomy state of human existence with the glorious reality of God.
- To claim our full inheritance as children of the promise by praying through the entire Bible.
- To put on new garment for sons and daughters of the Almighty God by receiving healing and transformation through the Cross.
- To partner with Jesus in the work of intercession to bring all tribes and nations into His Kingdom.
- Jesus rose up early to spend time with His Father.
'... and I spoke to you, rising up early and speaking...' - Jeremiah 7:13
For His children
- We purposely give Abba the first portion of our day when we have the least distractions.
We intentionally rise up early to spend time with Him before we meet with anyone else.
- Meditate on the Scriptures
Listen to God through His written Word by praying aloud.
- Praise and Thanksgiving
'Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed by Thy Name.'
'Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.'
- Personal Petitions
'Give us this day our daily bread.'
- Repentance and Forgiveness
'And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.'
- Commit Ourselves and Our Day to God
'And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever, Amen.'
- Listening Prayer
In silence, listen to what God is speaking to your and record is in your prayer journal.
- Read the 4 passages of the day straight through.
- Copy down key words and phrases along the way, use a blue and black pen alternating for each segment.
- Do this without reflection or pondering.
- Go back to what you have jotted down and identify the following 3 areas with different colored pen/markers by underlying and circling.
- God’s reality and God’s characters
- Men’s sins and iniquities, wicked characters, human conditions
- God’s children’s inheritance and promises
- Now you are ready to pray back the word to Abba
- Go down your pages and declare who God is by following the identified color
- Confess all the marked sins and wickedness of men
- Access your inheritance and claim all Abba’s promises for His children
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
© 2014 Pastoral Care School Ltd. All Rights Reserved.